Job Title: Pastor of Mobilization and Connection
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Position Status: Part time Salary (30-40%)
Purpose of the Position: The Missions and Mobilization Pastor is responsible for advancing the
local, regional, and global outreach ministries of First Covenant Church. This person will help
build a culture of compassionate outreach within the church towards those outside the church
who do not yet know the grace of Jesus Christ and help them connect to the FCC community.
Equip commissions assigned to execute outreach, mission and connection initiatives in harmony
with FCC’s mission and vision.
Qualities and Qualifications:
1. Demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ expressed in attitudes, feelings, values,
enthusiasm and dedication to the ministry of the church and grounded in a life of prayer
and study of the Scripture.
2. Has personal and ministry experience engaging in local and global cross-cultural
partnering with agencies.
3. Demonstrate a love for all people, especially those who are outside the Christian faith and
a willingness to share the Gospel both in and outside the church.
4. A self starter who takes initiative in task and relationship.
5. Ordained or eligible to be ordained in the Evangelical Covenant Church within three
years of start of employment.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Advancing Mission and Outreach Ministries
a. Through community connections, and in cooperation with the Acts 1:8
Commission, discern, coordinate and mobilize outreach opportunities for FCC in
the Willmar area.
b. Advise and support Acts 1:8 Commission in global missions and support of
c. Lead a team of paid staff and volunteers in the accomplishment of all aspects of
ensuring the church maintains and improves its outreach focus.
d. Function as owner and champion of all external marketing activities maximizing
attendance of outreach events.
2. Mobilizing the Congregation
a. Champion outreach and mission for the congregation.
b. Develop opportunities to educate and train the congregation in support of
outreach initiatives that align with the mission and vision of the church.
c. Work with church staff to continuously create new events and other venues for
inviting new people with the goal that they may eventually become Christ
followers and eventually members.