Interview with seniors for “Then and now”
Within FOCAL the partners organized an interview with the aim to provide not only an insight into the cultures and traditions of the involved countries, but also into the deepest cultural changes that are taking place in European societies, through seniors‘ points of view, life experiences and memories.
The questions, which we asked them, were organized in several groups as you see below:
FOOD OLD RECIPES
1. Do you cook everyday? Do you cook because you like doing it or rather because you have to?
2. How did you learn how to cook?
3. Do your daughters, sons, grandchildren cook?
4. What do other people say about your cooking?
5. What do you enjoy cooking the most?
6. Is there any tip that you always follow?
7. Is there any tip that you would like to provide the next generation with?
8. Do you watch TV series about cooking? What do you think about them?
9. To which regional cuisine do you belong? (if relevant for your country)
10. Which typical dishes do you prepare?
11. Which typical dishes would you suggest to guests from foreign countries visiting you?
CELEBRATION OF HOLIDAYS/ RITUALS
1. Have you noticed any changes in the way ‘Christmas day’ is being celebrated now from the way it was celebrated in the past?
2. Which holiday/ festivity/ ritual your family used to enjoy the most? Can you describe this to us? Please, mention traditional ways, rituals if possible too.
3. In general, do you notice differences between the ways holidays are celebrated nowadays and were celebrated in the past (~40 years ago). What are the main differences you notice?
4. How do you celebrate your ‘name-day’?
5. Which is the most important holiday for you? How do you celebrate it?
GAMES AND ENTERTAINMENT
1. When you think of the word ‘game’, which words cross your mind?
2. What was your favorite game when you were a child? Can you describe this game and its rules?
Is this game popular among young kids/ or your grandchildren?
3. Have you ever played a computer/video game? Did you like it?
4. What do you usually do in your free time for entertainment?
MUSIC AND DANCE
1. Do you sing/or dance?
2. What makes you dance or sing?
3. How were you taught how to dance?
4. Which is your favorite song/dance?
5. Can you show us the dance steps?
6. How did you learn these dance steps? Who was your ‘teacher’?
7. Would you like to sing this song for us?
8. Where did you first hear this song?
9. Do you sing/ or dance with your grandchildren?
10. When do you do this? On which occasion?
11. Do you know what a ‘Latin dance’ is?
1. People say that you are good at…. (sewing, painting, pottery, etc)… Can you talk to us about this activity?
2. How did you master this activity? Who inspired you? Who was your teacher?
3. Are there any secrets that you would like to share with us?
4. What kind of tools do you use? Were you always using these tools?
5. Have you met other people with the same interest? Do they also follow the same practices?
GENERAL QUESTIONS BEFORE SAYING THANK YOU AND GOODBYE :)
How would you describe your country for your guest from abroad?
What places would you suggest your foreign guest to visit?
What is the main thing which you suggest a guest to do when he/she is visiting your country?
What would you like to wish for the younger generation?
eXEMPLARY VIDEOS YOU CAN FIND ON THE NEXT THREE PAGES THAT FOLLOW - ONE PER COUNTRY!