Firequip Pty Ltd
2 Pike St. Rydalmere, NSW, 2116
Phone: 02 9638 1300
Below changes eecve immediately as outlined in the Australian Standards for Fire
Sprinkler & Hydrant Booster Installaons.
1. Isolaon valves for automac re sprinkler systems and re hydrant systems must comply
with AS 2118.1 and AS 2419.1, respecvely. They must also comply with AS/NZS 3500.1.
2. All isolaon valves from the point of connecon up to and including the isolaon valve
immediately downstream of the backow prevenon device must have Level 1 Watermark
3. Isolaon valves upstream and downstream of any testable backow prevenon device must
be resilient seated.
4. AS 2118.1 (both the 1999 and 2006 edions) and AS 2419.1 clearly state the requirement for
mul-turn indicang type isolaon valves.
5. Quarter (¼) turn lever type isolaon valves do not comply with AS 2118.1 or AS 2419.1 and
therefore, they are not permied to be installed on automac re sprinkler systems or re