Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation Program
• You MUST speak with your assigned Vocational Rehabilitation
Case Manager for ALL initial approvals
• You MUST request for your Case Manager to Submit VA 28-
1905 to the SCO before requesting certification for benefits.
• YOU WILL NEED your VA 28-1905 to be fully processed by the
schools SCO in order to buy your books in our University
• You MUST have alternative funds to cover health insurance or
use the University website to waive OUT
• YOUR funds for Tuition/Fees/Books come DIRECTLY to the
• Your funds for BAH go to YOU.
For Your Information
• You can buy other equipment with this benefit as long as the
items are necessary for you to complete your studies. Bring all
requests for equipment to the SCO for further evaluation.
• You are also eligible for VA Work Study opportunities with this
✓ You can incur debt to the school and to the VA. Please see
any VES staff member before making any adverse
changes to your schedule or account.
✓ You can use your benefits for any semester that the
university has scheduled classes as long as your Case
Manager agrees and submits VA 28-1905.
✓ Your benefits WILL NOT be processed until approved
documents are received.
✓ Administrative Deferral Markers may be placed on your
account as temporary credits until funds arrived, if you
complete your documents timely or at the discretion of the
✓ For book purchases please report to the Book Store
Information counter to retrieve your orange supplies or
text book voucher. If your 1905 has NOT been processed
by VES you CANNOT buy any books using your benefit.