Mothers Against Drunk Driving
There is nothing right about Drunk Driving !
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is an organization started to make people aware of drunk driving and how drunk driving affects people. This organization was started on September 5, 1980, in the state of Calfornia but later moved to Irving,Texas. Their mission is "To end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these violent crimes, and prevent underage drinking." Madd has helped pass many laws including the
- .10% blood alcohol concentration for reoffended,
- Help pass the 08% drunk rate
- Help 25 of 50 states pass a mandatory ignition interlock for all convicted drunk driving.
- Endorsed the legal drinking age of 21 on July 17, 1984
Summary of Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Physical Injuries
- Falls, slips, and Trips
- Drunk Driving
- Killing other or hurting others
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Promiscuity
- Unprotected Sex
- Brain Damage
- Alcohol poison
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Thoughts or actions
Effects of Drinking Underage
Ways your can help !
- Pledge that you will not drink until age 21 and you will not use drugs !
- Feel free to donate to victims that has already been affected!
- Speak Up
- If you or someone you know is a victim to drinking tell a responsible adult !
Do you wanna help yourself and others ?