Where can OCR A Level Chemistry A take me?
• A Level Chemistry A is an excellent base for a university degree in healthcare such as medicine, pharmacy and dentistry as well as the biological sciences, physics, mathematics, pharmacology and analytical chemistry. Chemistry is also taken by many law applicants as it shows you can cope with difficult concepts. Chemistry can also complement a number of arts subjects.
• A range of career opportunities including chemical, manufacturing and pharmaceutical industries and in areas such as forensics, environmental protection and healthcare. The problem solving skills are useful for many other areas, too, such as law and finance.
What are the benefits?
• An interesting and challenging experience to link key chemical ideas and understand how they relate to each other.
• The development of transferable skills including investigating, problem solving, research, decision making, mathematical skills and analytical skills.
• Opens up a range of possibilities for Further study and careers associated with the subject.
For more details on A Level Chemistry at The Streetly Academy, contact Mrs D Brown or Mr T Stephenson
• Wanting to be a doctor?
• Wanting to work in the chemical industry?
• Wanting to understand how chemistry can impact the environment?
• Interested in the world around you?
• A problem solver?
• Keenly interested in science?
• Keen on practical work?
• Studying other science A Levels or maths?
Then chemistry is the A level for you!