● Good Children? Are your kids pretty good kids?
"I have not greater joy than this, to hear of my children
walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4
● Enjoy your Job/Work? A priceless gift from God
● Freedom to worship without being jailed,
● Good church leadership? Wise, God-filled
leadership with integrity? Priceless.
III. PERSONAL JOYS GOD LETS US
We all have things that we like to do for fun. What are your
top joys in life? Does God let you enjoy them in abundance?
If not, ask Him to let you have your fill! Examples:
● Fun Spouse or friends.
● Watch good movies.
● Enjoy beautiful scenery.
● Drive vehicle that doesn't break down all
● Have air conditioning.
● Eat as much chocolate or ice cream or
pizza as I like.
● Do my favorite hobby as often as I like.
● Safe Neighborhood?
IV. DELIVERANCES - 4 TRIALS of LIFE
There are probably 4 main or types of trials in life. As
we become more mature Christians, we better learn
to overcome our trials. We begin to accumulate a
history of God's deliverances from our trials. If we
review this list of deliverances frequently, we are
better equipped to not fall apart in our next trial,
because we better remember how He delivered us
from all the previous ones!
1. Health? How has God delivered you or your loved
ones in this arena? Write these instances down and be
able to recite them easily.
2. Finances? Besides just steadily providing for us, how
has He bailed us out in particularly large financial crises?
List and review.
3. Relationships? How has He intervened in our
loneliness, strained relationships, broken relationships,
lost relationships, etc.?
4. Demonic Oppressions/Depressions?
We can easily compare how most of us in the
Western world enjoy more luxuries than the richest
kings of history. As we thank God for these things,
we can really enter the "wow" state of a spirit of
thanksgiving. This is a good place to dwell.
● Electricity! - Provides tons of conveniences and
● Air Conditioning - It is a gnawing burden to live,
work, and try to sleep in hot climates without air
● Abundant Food -
even most poor street people in
our Western cities can easily get a meal from the multiple
soup kitchens, food banks, food pantries, Salvation Army
centers, churches, Federal food stamps, etc.
● 5-Star Restaurant Food Recipes & how to
make them - easily available on the internet/TV
● Modern Heating Systems! - The traditional chore
of heating a home through the gathering and preparing of
firewood can be a ton of work!
● Light Bulbs!
Flick a switch for bright light!
● Window Screens! -
Said to be the largest
contribution to the sanity of man! Not invented until
● Clean Water - Many in the world do not enjoy this
luxury and suffer not having it through increased sickness
& diseases, and poorer health.
● Indoor Plumbing - Need a drink, turn the tap. Need
a nice hot shower, turn the dial. So nice.
● Sewer Systems - Flush and it's gone!
● Appliances - Refrigerators, Freeze
(Emperors made runners run up
mountains to fetch them their ice for a cold drink)
Stoves, Garbage Disposals
● DVD Players and Digital Music Players
Symphonies on Demand! Quality Motion Pictures on
● Cars, Boats, Motorcycles, Airplanes,
and Trains -
And the fun of riding in them!
● Television -
Travel the world from your living room!
● Computers and the World Wide Web!
● Glass - Magnifying glass, Microscopes,
Windows, Telescopes, etc.
● Eye Glasses and Contacts!
To be able to see
● Photography and Home Movi
What a luxury. . .
● Telephones and Smart Phones - Talk to
anyone on earth in real-time!
● SMART PHONES - ONE DEVICE: Phone,
Clock/Watch, Calculator, GPS, Music, Movies, Quality
Camera, Video Recording, Mail, Texting, Book Library,
Flashlight, Live News from around the world, Photo
Album, Encyclopedia Set, Live Weather/Radar Map,
Calendar, Internet, etc. . . and tons more !
. . . INCREDIBLE. . .
● Video Gaming! A ton of fun!
● The Gasoline Engine
- allows for Lawn Mowers,
Chain Saws, inexpensive Boats, Motorcycles,
Snowmobiles, Generators, Cement Mixers and more!
● The Electric Motor - allows for Vacuum Cleaners,
Electric Drills, Electric Saws, Kitchen Mixers, Can
Openers, Sewing Machines and more!
● The Bicycle! (Remember your first bike?)
● Book Binding and The Printing Press (vs.
scrolls. Also, everything had to be laboriously hand-
● Calculators- the first commercial pock
calculators were very expensive.
Dentistry (Alleviates a lot of misery!)
● Medicines & Pharmaceuticals - Many children
died prematurely from the common cold that progressed
to inner ear infections then to the brain - incurable until the
invention of antibiotics. Other diseases and plagues
dominated through field of medicine: leprosy
yphus, typhoid, measles, etc.