Test Yourself – Simple, Compound,
Complex, or Compound-Complex?
1. The teacher walked into the classroom, greeted the students, and took
2. Juan played football while Jane went shopping.
3. Juan played football, yet Jim went shopping.
4. Although Mexico has a better team, they lost the tournament, and their
more aggressive style did not pay off.
5. The island was filled with many trails winding through the thick
underbrush, a small lake, and dangerous wild animals.
6. Naoki passed the test because he studied hard, but Stacy did not
understand the material.