Slides from the information night held in Feilding: October 28th 2016
• Mow the lawn
• Tidy the garden
• Paint the fence and replace the letterbox if shabby.
If your house looks messy it will attract people that will treat it the
You want people that are going pay a premium price, and to treat your
property with respect and as if it is there own.
Paint and Colour
• Paint is one of the least expensive and most effective transformations
you can make.
• Don’t put too much of your taste into a rental
• Neutral backgrounds allow tenants to create their own identity with
• Light & colour are linked. Dark colours on walls decrease light
reflection, making the room appear darker and smaller - Which is why
many smaller homes look much more spacious when painted lighter
Different paints for different areas
• Use high gloss enamels on all doors & Trims
• Good Condition walls - semi-gloss
• imperfect walls – low sheen. Still good cleaning properties
• poor quality walls – consider wallpaper washable and scrub-able
• Use Anti mould paint on ceilings
• 1 or 2 wall colours throughout is going to make your life easier when
it comes maintenance and touching up.
• Dulux snap shot for matching colour. Retails at $180
• Considering painting the outside of your house to freshen it up and
• Replace Benchtops – The most obvious visual surface in the kitchen
• A new sink inserted and a new glass or tile splashback
• Cabinetry – If you have outdated cabinets replacing this will transform
• Annie Sloan chalk paint is a great option for old wooden cabinets. A
very affordable transformation option
• White paint fresh and clean.
• New tapware
• New Shower curtain
• A large mirror creates an illusion of space and is great in small
• Do obvious maintenance like fixing broken locks, handles and light
• Update Vanity with new or refresh existing
• Replace with the same?
• Study each window... Privacy… Single glazing…
• Privacy, temperature control, functionality Mixing blinds/ drapes
• minimalist look
• Sunscreen Blinds look smart and are ideal for daytime privacy
• They provide coolness in the daytime
• maintaining a view out
• can be used in conjunction with curtains.
• Blockout roller blinds Provide night time privacy
• A good option for bedrooms
• Venitian blinds modern, sleek
• Great for wet areas
• Avoid fabric drapes/ roman blinds in Kitchen
• No Nasty nets!!
• Practicalities… Double track? Suitable fabric?
• Curtains have higher thermal qualities than blinds
• Stick to neutral colours that will go with any décor
• Thermal lined or block-out lined in bedrooms
• Separate lining is best, coated latex will eventually wear off
• Ready mades are quick
• cheap option
• good if you think they will be damaged
• May not fit your windows perfectly
• Thermal coated curtains are difficult to wash
• Coating comes off
• A little extra $$ will get you custom better quality, fitted to your
windows. Which will save on having to get them replaced
• Option of double tracking
• Will fit your windows perfectly and beauitifully
• Separate lining
• All the way to floor, visually better and better insulation
• Flooring has a HUGE impact of the overall look and feel of your home
• Rental went from $200 per week before
• To $300 per week after
• That an extra $5200 per year.
• There are many more middle aged professional renters out there
looking for clean updated properties.
• They are willing to pay more for decent properties
• These should be your target renters
• Increase your rent
• Increase the value of your property
• Our customers have a great experience from start to finish
• EKO NRG Solutions is 100% New Zealand owned and family run company which
prides itself on good old fashioned kiwi ingenuity, honest sales and after sales
• Best Price Support Ventilation Warranty Quality Products Call
Protect Your Investment
With A Eko Vent
• Home Ventilation uses warm & dry air to replace the stale and damp air
inside your home.
• Purify the air in your home & get relief from asthma, hay fever, &
• Only uses 50watts of power to run the system.
INSULATION. VENTILATION. LED LIGHTING