1. To obtain a ten-year warranty the product must be properly registered at www.payne.com within ninety (90) days of original installation. In
jurisdictions where warranty benefits conditioned on registration are prohibited by law, registration is not required and the warranty period
will be 10 years.
2. Where a product is installed in a newly constructed home, the date of installation is the date the homeowner purchased the home from the
3. If the date of original installation cannot be verified, then the warranty period begins ninety (90) days from the date of product manufacture
(as indicated by the model and serial number). Proof of purchase may be required at time of service.
4. Product must be installed properly and by a licensed HVAC technician.
5. The warranty applies only to products remaining in their original installation location.
6. Installation, use, care, and maintenance must be normal and in accordance with instructions contained in the Installation Instructions,
Owner’s Manual and Company’s service information.
7. Defective parts must be returned to the distributor through a registered servicing dealer for credit.
LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTIES: ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS (INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR
CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE) ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS
LIMITED WARRANTY. SOME STATES OR PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY OR
CONDITION LASTS, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES MADE IN THIS WARRANTY ARE
EXCLUSIVE AND MAY NOT BE ALTERED, ENLARGED, OR CHANGED BY ANY DISTRIBUTOR, DEALER, OR OTHER PERSON
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
1. Labor or other costs incurred for diagnosing, repairing, removing, installing, shipping, servicing or handling of either defective parts, or
replacement parts, or new units.
2. Any product not installed pursuant to applicable regional efficiency standards issued by the Department of Energy.
3. Any product purchased over the Internet.
4. Normal maintenance as outlined in the installation and servicing instructions or Owner’s Manual, including filter cleaning and/or
replacement and lubrication.
5. Failure, damage or repairs due to faulty installation, misapplication, abuse, improper servicing, unauthorized alteration or improper
6. Failure to start or damages due to voltage conditions, blown fuses, open circuit breakers, or the inadequacy, unavailability, or interruption
of electrical, Internet service provider, or mobile device carrier service or your home network.
7. Failure or damage due to floods, winds, fires, lightning, accidents, corrosive environments (rust, etc) or other conditions beyond the control
8. Parts not supplied or designated by Company, or damages resulting from their use.
9. Products installed outside the U.S.A. or Canada.
10. Electricity or fuel costs, or increases in electricity or fuel costs from any reason whatsoever, including additional or unusual use of
supplemental electric heat.
11. Any cost to replace, refill or dispose of refrigerant, including the cost of refrigerant.
12. ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL PROPERTY OR COMMERCIAL DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER.
Some states or provinces do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province.