WE JUST ﬁnished our Internet unit. !
THE LESSON GOAL IS to create a logo for your company that appropriately brands your
business so that people recognize your company when they see your logo. Also to learn to
manipulate graphic images. !
THIS MATTERS TO YOU BECAUSE if you decide to create a company in the future you will
need to understand how logos work and how graphics are brought together to create a logo.!
The ﬁrst step we are going to take to start our businesses is to decide on a business and pick a
company name. !
Your options are :!
a. a baby sitting service, !
b. a lawn care service, !
c. a dog walking business, !
d. or a lemonade stand. !
Pick a business and talk with your neighbor to decide on a clever company name. !
Write your business name here. ___________________________________!
Today we are going to create a logo. A logo is a symbol used to promote public recognition. Some
logos are very easy to identify. Just think about your clothes and accessories. It is very easy to
recognize what is a particular brand. !
Your task is to create your very own logo for your business. !
Your logo must contain:!
a non-photograph image, !
the name of your company, !
and some sort of shape.!
• Use Google Images to ﬁnd an image that you would like to use to represent your business. You
may not use any type of photograph. !
• Once you have found an image, drag the large version of it onto your
• Use either Word or Pages to create your logo. !
• Drag your image into the document.!
• Make sure you make it a ﬂoating image!
• Next create your title. Many people like to use word art. !
• Lastly, insert some sort of shape into your logo. !
• Arrange your pieces to create an interesting logo.!
What I will be looking for in your logo.!
A nice image (not fuzzy)!
Your company’s name