16. Make every effort to be as organized as possible.
17. When I assign homework, there is to be no whining or complaining.
If there is whining or complaining, I may decide to assign more work.
18. Do not ask me if you can get water or go to the restroom while I am
teaching a lesson unless it is an emergency.
19. When we have a visitor in the class, always be polite. If an adult
comes into the room to speak to me, sit politely and wait or get out a
book and read. I will return to teaching as soon as possible.
20. Do not try to exclude anyone. We are family, and we must treat
everyone as we want to be treated.
21. If I am disciplining another student, do not look at that student. You
would not want someone staring at you if you were being redirected
or were in trouble.
22. Use good manners in the lunchroom.
23. When you get up to leave the lunchroom, leave your eating area as
clean or cleaner than you found it.
24. If someone drops something on the floor, pick it up and hand it back
to him/her. If someone drops things on the floor, help pick them up.
25. Open doors for people and let them go through first.
26. If someone bumps into you, even if it was not your fault say,
27. When in a line, walk single file. There should be absolutely no talking.
This shows respect for other classes we pass.
28. Never cut in line. If someone does cut in line, don’t do anything
about it, but let me know.
29. When you have a dispute with a classmate, first try to solve it
yourself peacefully. If that cannot be done, come to me. That is my
job! Never yell or touch anyone else if you are upset.
30. If any child in the school is bothering you, let me know. I am your
teacher, I am here to look after you and protect you.
31. Be positive and enjoy life. Focus on the good in your life.
32. Believe in dreams. They do come true.
33. Accept that you will make mistakes. Learn from them and move on.
34. Be honest. Even if you have done something wrong, admit it to me.
I will respect your honesty, and sometimes I might be so thankful that
you are honest that I might even overlook what you have done
35. Carpe diem. Seize the day. Make every moment count.
36. Be the best person you can be.
37. Love each other unconditionally.