Format, Rules &
- USA #5 vs USA #6. Winner takes the place of USA #5 in the knockout
- USA #7 vs USA #8. Winner takes the place of USA #7 in the knockout
- JUNIORS GREEN
- USA #3 vs USA #6. Winner takes the place of USA #3 in the knockout
- USA #4 vs USA #5. Winner takes the place of USA #4 in the knockout
- USA #8 vs USA #9. Winner takes the place of USA #8 in the knockout
- USA #7 vs USA #10. Winner takes the place of USA #7 in the knockout
-In the event that time does not permit, the EXTRA QUALIFIERS will not be played.
KNOCKOUT MATCHES (DAY 3 SUNDAY)
- The top 4 USA players/teams and the top 4 CANADIAN players/teams from EACH
DIVISION will advance to the quarter finals which are the start of the Knockout round.
(Exception: Expert Doubles where there will be 4 USA teams and 3 Canadian Teams,
Advance Doubles, where there will be 4 USA teams and 3 Canadian Teams, Intermediate
Doubles, where there will be 5 USA teams and 2 Canadian teams, Casual Doubles where
there will be 6 USA teams and 1 Canadian team, Ladies and Junior (Green) divisions, where
there will be 7 USA players and 1 Canadian player and Juniors (Yellow) where there will be 5
USA players and 1 Canadian player.
- In any division where there are TWO OR LESS CANADIAN player/teams, Canadian
teams/player automatically advance to semifinals.
- The EXTRA QUALIFIER, QUARTER FINALS, SEMI FINALS will run for 40
MINUTES and will be determined by the winner of a SIX GAME PRO SET.
- The FINALS will be played using an EIGHT GAME PRO SET and will run 60
MINUTES. Time limit rules apply.
MEN’s & LADIES
- The EXTRA QUALIFIER, QUARTER FINALS, SEMI FINALS will run for 75
MINUTES and will be determined by the winner of a NINE GAME PRO SET.
Time limit rules apply.
- FINALS will be BEST OF 3 SETS (using “International Doubles format” where if the
player/team are tied at 1-1 in sets, a tie breaker race to 10 points decides the match
Format, Rules &
with a difference of two). Each match will be allotted 90 MINUTES. Time limit rules
- Each USA vs CANADA match in this stage, will have a SINGLE POINT up for grabs that
will count towards the TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP.
- There will be NO extra point awarded for winning a DIVISION.
- Matches played by players/teams from the same country, will have no points to be won, and
will only count towards the INDIVIDUAL DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIPS.
ADDITIONAL POINTS TO BE NOTED:
- Tennis Balls will be provided.
- Water/Gatorade will be available in the lounge.
- No referees unless specifically requested for, in which case, the player/team not playing will
be expected to referee. Referees decision is final.
- If any player is deemed to be intentionally miscategorized, the Organizing team, reserves the
right to disqualify that player/team from the Masumeen Cup Tournament.
- For the 1st matches of the day, players are required to be on the courts 15 minutes prior to
their scheduled matches.
- For all other matches, players are requested to be there at least 1 hour earlier in case the
previous match/matches finishes earlier.
- In the event a player/team is not on the court 10 MINUTES after the scheduled time, the
match will result in a FORFEIT.
- USTA rules apply - Please click on the following link for the USTA rules: http://assets.usta.
- We request that tennis being a gentleman’s sport that sportsmanship and tennis court con-
duct prevail at all times both on and off the court.