First, farmers plant Durum wheat seedlings in the fertile soil of the Great Plains. With water, sun, and a little time, the seedlings will start to develop into pale stems of wheat with tiny cream colored flowers. Soon, tall golden stalks will shoot out of the ground and into the world, as fully grown wheat.
1. Workers then use big harvesting machines to easily slice bunches of wheat at once, instead of taking years hand picking each one.
How Did Your Pasta Get On Your Lunch Tray?
2. Next, the wheat is driven to the mill, where it is eaten by textured steel rollers that snake over the it, separating the bran and germ of the grains.
3. Another machine snaps the starch, or semolina into big pieces with it’s metal arms.
4. Then the semolina is sifted through to make sure no other parts of the wheat are still hiding in it, and ground into semolina flour, which is the main ingredient in pasta.
5. Finally, iron and other vitamins are added to the flour to make it healthier and full of nutrients.
In the summer, farmers plant basil seeds on trays in a warm greenhouse, watering and caring for them until they grow tall enough to live in a field. The basil is then relocated in a bark-like soil called mulch, to make sure that the finished herb you eat is of the highest quality.
How Did Your Basil Get On Your Lunch Tray?
1. Soon, the small plant sprouts oval-shaped, pale green leaves and delicate purple and white flowers. The miniature basil soon grows into a fully-grown, 50 cm high bush that climbs towards the sun. The beautiful flowers soon produce seeds, that can later be used to grow more basil.
First, farmers grow the Camellia Sinensis plants in a warm field, watering them and letting them soak up lots of sunlight. The plants soon grow pointy green tea leaves and big white flowers.
1.When they’re fully grown, workers pick the bud and two small leaves from each Camellia Sinensis.
2.Then, they sort through and inspect the plants to make sure each tea leaf will make your perfect cup of tea. Afterwards, the leaves are sorted into different piles depending on what type of tea they will be made into.
How Did Your Iced Tea Get On Your Lunch Tray?
3. The leaves are then placed on bamboo trays to wither (which makes them less likely to fall apart) and are heated with warm air.
4. Then, they’re steamed to prevent the oxygen from changing their flavor. Next, the leaves are rolled out and shaped by a special machine to help them release juices and oils that give them each a unique flavor, and expose them to oxygen.
First, farmers in Mexico plant avocado seedlings in rich soil outdoors, watering them and letting them receive lots of sunshine. As the trees begin to grow taller and taller, they bloom thousands of pale green flowers, but only the flowers lucky enough to be pollinated by a bee will grow avocados. The trees grow for a full year to towering heights of 50 feet, producing up to 100 pounds of avocados.
1. When the avocados are ready, workers hand pick them by cutting the stem with a pole pruner that has a basket to capture falling avocados.
How Did Your Avocados Get On Your Lunch Tray?
The Ziploc bag that keeps your lunch safe was first invented by Dow Chemical Company in 1968. It's now owned by S.C. Johnson & Son.
1. The most important thing to have when making plastic bags is Polyethylene plastic. Workers take a material called Ethylene, and polymerize it, where it is chemically bonded to create a type of polymer.
2. Then, the parts of the Polyethylene are joined together with a heat gun that shoots out jets of hot air that soften the plastic parts into each other.
3.The plastic is finally melted into sticky resin nibs that will join together to form a Ziploc bag.
How Did That Ziploc Bag Get In Your Lunchbox?
4. Tons of these tiny nibs are poured into a machine called an extruder, where they will melt into liquid plastic.
5. Quick rollers flatten out the plastic, and any extra plastic is reused in other bags.
6. Next, the plastic is melted for a second time and poured into bag shaped molds.
7. When the plastic is dry, the bags are put together and then sent to get the Ziploc logo onto it. Workers take alcohol based ink to soak the Ziploc design onto each bag.
Here are the simple ingredients you will need to make a delicious pasta sauce:
1 cup of basil
3 garlic cloves
1/3 cup of parmesan
1/3 cup of olive oil
A sprinkle of salt
How To Make The Perfect Pesto Sauce
1. Combine the basil, garlic, and parmesan in a food processer until they are chopped together.
2. While blending, add the olive oil and blend until the mixture is smooth
3. Then, season the pesto with salt to make it more flavorful.
4. Finally, drizzle a little extra oil onto your sauce and store in a secure container.
1. Mash avocados with chopped tomatoe, salt, and lemon juice to make guacamole.
2. Make a banana and avocado pudding!
3. Mix with coconut oil, an egg, and greek yogurt to make a face mask.
4. Make an Avocado pancake for breakfast.
5. Or, spread some avocado on your toast and sprinkle it with salt.
6. Freeze avocados into refreshing popsicles.
7. Bake Avocado-fudge brownies
8. Bake it onto pizza
9.Blend them in a smoothie
10. Make avocado french fries!
10 Different Ways To Use An Avocado