Presentation and sharing focus
The simplebooklet app’s unique proposition is to make your marketing documents incredibly easy to
share and to look and feel professionally presented. This means:
1. The booklet is accessible from all devices (with mobile being the primary device).
2. The booklet is accessible from a number of platforms and web services.
3. Facebook and twitter are more commercial/ad like in their posting.
4. The booklet is very easy to share and reshare.
5. The UI is attractive and pleasing to the eye of the reader.
6. The UX is fast and responsive.
7. The user can easily trigger engagement with the author.
8. The author can customize the experience to incorporate their brand and desired features.
9. Each device/sharing mode can be tailored by the author and possibly the user.
10. The workflow is very fast to move a doc from upload to sharing.
We should look at all three of our presentation faces (embed.php, mobile.php, and publish.php) and see
how we can enhance each one to meet the unique experience of flipping a booklet in the different
This should be our primary focus. Making the booklet look and feel very smooth in both Safari and
A good review of flipsnack and their mobile view reveals some very smart innovation. This includes a
nice transition for flipping pages, a share/menu button, a zoom toolbar, pinch and stretch to zoom,
revealing page turn buttons, a nice background, and a nice drag to pan when zoomed in.
The same for issuu.com. They do a nice fullscreen view on a black background, with turn buttons that
are always there with a nice transition. They also have a nice page counter, and search feature. To zoom,
you pinch and stretch and pan the page. When you change pages, it defaults back to the normal size.
Both have an embedded view that can move to a fullscreen view. Flipsnack encourages you to go
fullscreen with its read button.
For us, I think we need to do the following:
1. implement a nice bordered presentation of the booklet on the page.