○ Informative/explanatory Pieces: Students introduce a topic, use facts and
definitions to develop points, and provide a conclusion.
● Revises and edits his/her writing in order to improve it.
● Uses digital tools (with the aid of the teacher) to publish his/her writing.
● Researches topics for research and writing projects.
● Write in complete sentences with appropriate punctuation.
● Use capital letters correctly.
● Use and understand contractions.
● Write stories with a beginning, middle and end.
● Be able to do basic research from a non-fiction book.
● Understand and use first-person and third-person point of view.
● Edit his or her own writing for spelling and punctuation.
● Adds and subtracts numbers from 1-20 using mental strategies and ultimately, by the
end of the year, adds two 1 digit numbers from memory.
● Add two and three digit numbers.
● Subtract two and three digit numbers.
● Know the order of addition and subtraction operations.
● Know the addition and subtraction fact families.
● Write numbers in word form.
● Learns the difference between odd and even numbers.
● Begins learning the foundations of multiplication by adding the same number to itself,
(for example, 4+4) and grouping together the same number of objects to add up to more.
● Understands and can break down a 3-digit number into groups of hundreds, tens and
● Reads, writes and counts up to 1000, including being able to count by 5’s 10’s and
● Compares 3-digit numbers, using the signs: >, < and =.
● Practices adding together up to four 2-digit numbers by skip counting and adding smaller
part of the numbers together.