How Listeriosis is spread:
Only eat pasteurized dairy products.
- more sevre symptoms may require antibiotics.
- mild symptoms require no treatment.
Chemical hazard- a problem caused by a chemical.
Physical hazard- an object found in food that isn't supposed to be there.
Cross contamination- bacteria is transfered from one food to another.
Sanitary- removing harmful pathogens
Clean- means that the food is free from dirt
Wash your hands before you eat, after you've touched an animal & after using the restroom.
- Pathogens grow in these temperatures
- Temperature range- 39-140F
How to wash dishes by hand:
Fat Tom is a way the food industry describes the six favorable condtions forthe food growth of pathogens.
The right cooking temperatures:
(stuffed) Poultry- 165 degrees Farenheit
Ground beef- 160 degrees Farenheit
The best way to thaw food is in the fridge,but you could also thaw it under cold water or in the microwave.
- Keep cold food at 40 degrees Farenheit
- Keep hot foods at 160 degrees Farenheit
- Perishable foods can be left out of the fridge for two hours.
- Work in an organized area
- Keep hands and knives clean and dry
Tips to avoid cutting yourself:
- lift pot lid on the side further from you first
- Turn off burner when you're done using it
- use an oven mit when getting something out of the oven
How to avoid fires & burns:
- cover outlets with the plastic saftey cover
- make sure your hands are dry when unplugging a cord
- always make sure you dry the floor if you spill something
Ways to prevent falling & electoral shock: