promote a work environment free of harassment and to avoid the risk to the reputation and resources of the
Club, all employees and management should refrain from any workplace behavior or conduct which could be
viewed as harassing.
EXAMPLES OF PROHIBITED CONDUCT
The following examples are not inclusive but serve to illustrate conduct which is prohibited in the workplace,
and includes any action which may be construed as offensive by any employee:
1) Conditioning employment, assignment, compensation, promotion, advancement, career development
or any other terms or conditions of employment on whether an employee provides sexual favors.
2) Threatening or implying that cooperation with sexual demands (or refusal thereof) will have any
effect on employment, assignment, compensation, advancement, career development or any other
term or condition of employment.
3) Jokes, taunts, comments, posters, pictures, graffiti or cartoons which demean, offend or degrade
individuals or categories of individuals because of sex, gender, pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical condition, race, ethnicity, color, age, religion, disability, or any other legally protected
4) Conversations and comments about sex including, but not limited to, your own sexual activities and
experiences and those of other employees.
5) Making sexual innuendoes in the workplace and/or using language which is sexually oriented,
sexually explicit, sexually suggestive and/or obscene.
6) Suggestive flirting, or making sexual advances or propositions with/to other employees, members,
guests or vendors, engaging in sexual banter, even if this conduct was initially welcomed or initiated
7) Offensive touching of other employees, members, guests or vendors including but not limited to
horseplay, fondling, rubbing, stroking, massaging, tickling, or pinching.
8) Comments regarding another employee’s, members, guests or vendors body, or anatomy.
9) Blocking the movements of any other employee, members, guests or vendors.
10) Using vulgar, obscene, and/or profane language.
11) Using racial, ethnic, sexual or other derogatory epithets, slurs, negative stereotyping, denigrating or
hostile language in the workplace.
12) Making threats or intimidating other employees, members, guests or vendors.
13) Displaying or possessing sexually suggestive or obscene written materials, objects, pictures,
memorabilia, posters, or cartoons
14) Accessing pornographic, sexual, racist, hate-related or other such sites on the Club computers.
15) Transmitting pornographic, sexual, racist, or hate-related communications on the Club computers.
16) Making or threatening reprisals after a negative response to sexual advances, and making sexual