● Location: Central and South America, Africa
● Biotic factors: All plants and animals in the biome
● Abiotic factors: rocks, climate, soil, frequent precipitation, warm
and wet with little temp variation
● Human intervention: deforestation/slash and burn effect
● Animals: toucan, frogs, snakes, parrots-- have the most
biodiversity of all other terrestrial biome
● Plants: Orchid, Rubber Tree
● Adaptations: The leaves of forest trees have adapted to cope with
exceptionally high rainfall. Orchids have roots that enable them to
capture water and nutrients from the air.
● Productivity Rank: high, 13th/2000 g c/m^2/year
● Latitude Range: 20 degrees N and S of equator
● Growing season: This is a land without winter, growing season
last year round.