Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill
• YOUR funds for Tuition/Fees come DIRECTLY to the school
• Your funds for MHA and Books go TO YOU.
• Your funds DO NOT pay for Health Insurance.
• You MUST have alternative funds to cover Health
Insurance or you MUST waive OUT
• You must complete ONLINE Certification Request Form
For Your Information
• YOU should ALWAYS use Priority Registration Options
• YOU may be eligible for a Deferral Payment Agreement with
Morgan State University to cover for Housing cost until your
funds arrive. Confirmation letters of benefit can be
provided by VES office. Request one today and go to see the
Bursar for more detailed information.
• Notify VES immediately of ALL account/schedule changes.
✓ You can incur debt to the school and to the VA. Please see
any VES staff member before making any adverse
changes to your schedule or account.
✓ You can use your benefits for any semester that the
university has scheduled classes.
✓ Your benefits WILL NOT be processed until approved
documents are received.
✓ Administrative Deferral Markers may be placed on your
account as temporary credits until funds arrived, if you
complete your documents timely or at the discretion of the
SCO. (See certification request opening and closing
✓ Based on your benefit percentage you may be eligible for
our Yellow Ribbon Program. Click the Ribbon below.
✓ Sign up for an eBenefits account to monitor your own