Business Planning overview
Definition of Business Plan
• A business plan is also a road map that
provides directions so a business can IDENTIFY
ITS GOALS-PLAN ITS FUTURE
• Helps it avoid bumps in the road.
• Plans Revenue and Anticipates expenditures
Something to think about?
Why do we do it
• To Collaborate and discuss prospects CLARIFY
• Set your Mission Statement GOALS!
• Jumpstart the ‘prospecting’ process
• Identify and UNDERSTAND your costs
• Prepare personal marketing plans and costs
• Getting your pipeline ‘filled’
• “WOULD A BANK LEND A BUSINESS MONEY
WITHOUT A ‘PLAN’?”
WHY does it Matter?
AS YOUR SUPPORT TEAM WE CANNOT PLAN:
• Administration support
• Marketing supplies
• Storefront Environment
• Business security and establishment security
WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING WHAT YOU NEED
- ????Are we “Parking lot consultants”???????
• We as a business are as dependent
upon our team of Realtors as you are
on the Coldwell Banker Brand
• We are your costs and resources
• We have a vested interest in your
success at planning and excelling in
(This is your ‘WHY’) – Why you do what you
To develop my business in real estate so
that I have more control over my schedule
and can spend more time with my family.
(This is your ‘WHAT’) – What do I need to do to
ensure I fulfill my mission.
-Double my Sphere of Influence.
-Market my business.
-Increase my Sales by x%.
-Increase my Listings by x%.
STRATEGIES & OBJECTIVES:
This is your ‘HOW’ – How are you going to achieve
-Market and Media Plan
-Identify those areas of social media I can best utilize.
-Utilize CB Exchange
-CBX and Zap!
-Earn a specific designation.
-Take additional courses on professional topics.
-Create your budget for the year.
• What do you do Best?
• What separates you from other Realtors? What
makes you unique?
• What’s your financial picture?
• What Income would you like to achieve?
• What are your Expenses?
How to Thrive?
• Set Personal Objectives/Goals
• Become a Market expert or Niche
• Build the system for Servicing Leads-
• Build Your Brand USE THE TOOLS
Cbx / Zap!
• REVIEW MARKET AVERAGES
• COMPILE and UNDERSTAND YOUR EXPENSES
• CALCULATE HOW MANY TRANSACTIONS YOU
• CALCULATING YOUR PROPSPECTS or
• WHAT LEVEL OF INCOME IS YOUR GOAL
Living Expenses (Optional)
• Food and Utilities
• MLS Dues
• Tech/Admin fees
• Software and Computing
• Marketing etc.
See Detailed Calculation Sheet
Revenue and Transaction
• Commission Rates
• Target Revenues
• Prospect Goals
• Identify Basic SOI (WHAT IS IT THAT YOU DO BEST)
Unified address Book Zap! -Administer discipline
• Calculate the basic numbers
-Decide as to relevant Ratio %
-Agree Basic Market Data
-Agree the value of business closings
-Your Best Source
-Cost of Limiting Factors (Participation)
-Emarketing! CB Exchange
FAILING TO PLAN
PLANNING TO FAIL