• Born on July 15, 1950, in Athens, Greece but studied economics in the University of Cambridge.
• In London, she pursued writing and published her first book, "The Female Woman," in 1974.
• Very interested in politics, this book and the next were centered on more specific sections of the topic.
• Her father,Konstantinos, was a journalist and management consultant and his wife Elli Stasinopoulos.
• First foreign born president of the debating society at Cambridge.
Why she created the Huffington Post
• She wanted an outlet for liberals that was unique to other news websites.
• At the time, she created it in opposition to the president at the time, Bill Clinton
• It was also a response to other conservative websites but has changed to include a variety of news.
• After she moved to the United States in 1980, formally conservative, she switched to more liberal political views.
• Politics were always important to her but especially after she ran for California governor.
Huffington Post's and Arianna Huffington's contribution
• Gave liberals a platform to contribute to and to use to share ideas with one and other.
• Created a new reliable source of information.
• Arianna Huffington is one of the most successful female entrepreneurs.
• Has provided solutions for social issues.
• The site was sold to AOL for $300 million in 2011.