PAYROLL CLERK / PAYROLL SPECIALIST
• ADP = DOS/Windows CPP = Highest Designation
• How Many employees are in your company?
• How many people are in your payroll department? What’s the breakdown
per person for processing? 100, 300, 500 employees?
• Do you process MULTI-STATE payroll?
• Will they audit time cards? How many?
• Will they do data- entry of time cards?
• How are your employees paid? Hourly/Non Exempt? Salaried/Exempt?
• Will they be processing payroll for any Independent Contractors?
• Will they figure OVERTIME and SHIFT DIFFERENTIALS?
• How OFTEN are your employees paid? Weekly? Bi-weekly? Monthly?
• Do they need experience with GARNISHMENTS or UNIONS?
• Will they handle PERSONNEL RECORDS, PENSIONS, or PROFIT-SHARING?
• Will they be required to track vacation, sick time, worker’s comp,
insurance or commissions?
• Will they handle DISABILITY CLAIMS and INSURANCE CLAIMS?
• Will they have VENDOR CONTACT?
• Will they prepare EXPENSE REPORTS & BONUSES?
• What SOFTWARE will they be using?
• What SPREADSHEET program will be used? What level of proficiency will
• Will they prepare PAYROLL DEPOSITS?
• Will they complete 1099’s (subcont), 940’s (annual), 941’s (qtly), W-2’s or
PAYROLL TAX RETURNS?
• Will they POST and RECONCILE payroll to the General Ledger?
• Will they use and OUTSIDE SERVICE to prepare their payroll? What will
they need to assist the outside service?
PAYROLL CLERK / PAYROLL SPECIALIS